Although the infographic is for 2014, all of the points in it are still relevant to digital marketing in 2015, if not more so than in 2014. Looking back on the year, the five main points proved to be very true and are expected to play a more important role in 2015.
- Focus on content marketing. Using inbound marketing is cheaper and more effective than outbound, and generating great content via social media and blogs is the best way to drive traffic to a website.
- Make mobile a priority. With more and more people accessing emails and web via their smartphones, especially in Africa, it would be poor business to exclude all these people by not designing for mobile.
- Test the social media waters. Social media has begun to entrench itself in our day-to-day lives and the way businesses operate. While most businesses know that it’s important, few understand how to use it effectively.
- Use images and video! The stats show conclusively that people respond to images more than text. While great copy should always be used for your marketing efforts, converting this to images and video can have a high impact on conversions.
- Keep it simple. Living in a fast paced world that is only getting faster and more saturated with media, simplicity is the key. People what to get to their information quickly and effectively. Don’t bombard them – make them understand without thinking.